Friday 18th June at 1pm
Tiff is the Data Visualisation Manager at Planalytics, a research and policy consultancy based in Greytown. Combining her strong information design skills with a passion for community development, Tiff uses creativity to visually enhance outputs for the benefit of local and national organisations. Tiff is able to analyse data and translate complex research findings into simple, visually attractive presentations, infographics, and dashboards – a skill built through her experience with Deutsche Bank, UK in their Design & Conferencing team and with global presentation specialists, Right Aligned. To complement her data analysis and visualisation skills, Tiff is an experienced facilitator and community development coordinator. Holding a BA in Modern Languages, she has developed and run training courses in Japan, Italy and the UK and coordinated successful regional parenting programmes for Plunket and university student hall seminars here in Aotearoa.
Visualising data to tell your story – Tiff North
- Need to pull together a presentation?
- Have to report to the board?
- Have lots of data or information to deliver succinctly?
- What’s the most effective way to get your story across?
Tiff takes us through the importance of data visualisation when presenting information today and how best to engage your audience using visuals.
This fun, interactive workshop will take you through:
- Storytelling – why data visualisation?
- Top tips for creating an effective screen show
- Designing rich, informative data graphs using different chart types
- Understanding the no-no’s when presenting data
- Diving into reporting dashboards